Fully funded, free HGV/LGV training courses in North of Tyne & Tees Valley
We’re proud to offer a fully funded transport and logistics training pathway in the North of Tyne & Tees Valley. Those who are unemployed and wondering how to get an HGV license for free or how to become an HGV driver when short of funds, then we can help.
To be eligible for funded training you must be able to comply with the criteria below:
- Live in Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland or Tees Valley
- Aged 19 (before the 31st of August 2021) or over.
- Be unemployed and in receipt of an active benefit or earn less than £308 per week
- Have been in the EU/UK for 3 years or more.
- Not already have an NVQ in Driving Goods
Learners who wish to enter this programme are first invited for an initial suitability interview to make them aware of the process of obtaining an LGV licence, which will involve a medical, applying for a provisional LGV licence and undertaking both theory tests and driver CPC tests. This process can take between 12-15 weeks and must be completed before the training can begin.
Our pathway consists of free LGV training courses, free HGV training, and other focuses. The full details of this pathway are as follows:
Level 2 driving goods vehicles (5 days with a max of 6 learners)
This section will include:
- Loading, unloading and protecting the vehicle
- Driving safely and fuel-efficiently on public roads
- Monitoring fuel, manoeuvring and route planning
- Mock tests for theory and driver CPC
LGV theory test and driver CPC Initial Qualification Training (Driver CPC module 1 & 2)
LGV training & practical driving test (5 days with a max of 2 learners). Driver CPC module 3.
Driver CPC module 4: Practical Demonstration
You’re tested on being able to:
- Load the vehicle following safety rules and keep it secure
- Stop trafficking in illegal immigrants
- Assess emergency situations
- Reduce physical risks to yourself or others
- Do a walkaround vehicle safety check
Here at Health & Safety Training Ltd, we’ve helped thousands of people train for the jobs they want. Operating since 2003, we’re a leading training provider with several dedicated training centres to our name from which we serve a wide area.
Simply get in touch with our friendly experts today. We’ll talk you through the government funding for our free HGV training and LGV training, and guide you through the pathway in more detail.