One of our most popular courses is our NPORS Manual Handling Training Course as it applies to almost every business and industry. The course is recommended for any employee who is at risk of receiving an injury while carrying out manual handling tasks during their daily working duties.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
During the ½ day course, the learners will receive the appropriate knowledge and various practical skills involved in safe manual handling as prescribed by the Approved Code of Practice for Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992. Throughout the course, the learners will experience practical demonstrations and take part in exercises and explanatory theory lessons which are supported by power point presentations and DVDs detailing:
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant legislation
- Duties of Employers
- Duties of Employees
- Identifying the load
- Anatomy of the Spine
- Principles of good movement
- Types and causes of injury
- Practical application of lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying
- NPORS theory test
Every successful candidate will be issued with an NPORS Trained Operators Card and certificate or a Health and Safety Training Ltd qualification as an equivalent. To find out more about the courses available in Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Gateshead, Darlington & Middlesbrough, call our friendly team today.