The aim of our NPORS Ride on Road Roller training course is to ensure the learner receives the appropriate basic knowledge and practical skills to enable them to safely and legally operate a Road Roller. The course is either one or three days long depending on the experience of the candidates, and you can receive full or part government funding if your company is eligible.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
During the course, the learners will participate in practical demonstrations and exercises accompanied by theory lessons, which are supported with the use of explanatory OHP presentations and videos detailing:
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Rolling and compacting
- Using and applying correct staggers and overlaps
- Maintaining cambers and cross-falls
- Compaction of junctions
By the end of the one to three day course, the successful candidates will be able to carry out a pre-shift inspection and operate the machine safely and correctly and in complete accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice. They will also be able to competently carry out minor adjustments and routine services to the roller, whilst operating safely under varying site conditions and fully understanding their responsibilities under current health and safety legislation.
Each candidate will receive an NPORS Trained Operators Card and certificate to evidence their successful completion of the full NPORS theory and practical technical tests.