We also offer an in-house training course for the safe and legal operation of loading shovels. On completion of the HST Ltd course, the successful candidates will be issued with a Health and Safety Training Ltd Certificate which proves they have the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a tracked or wheeled loading shovel.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
The course itself will last between 1 and 3 days dependent on the experience of the candidates, and will consist of explanatory theory lessons and practical demonstrations and exercises supported by the use of power point presentations and DVDs detailing:
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Excavate from a bank/stockpile
- Creating a stockpile with excavated material
- Use of the 4-in-1 bucket
- Reducing the level of excavations to line and level
- Loading vehicles
At the end of the course, all successful candidates will be able to carry out a pre-shift inspection and operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice. They will also be able to operate the machine safely under varying site conditions and carry out minor adjustments and routine services. We also ensure that all of your employees have a thorough understanding of their responsibilities under current and relevant health and safety legislation.
Call us today at Health and Safety Training Ltd to find out more about our available courses in Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Gateshead, Darlington & Middlesbrough.