Our IPAF Mobile Elevated Working Platforms (MEWPs), orCherry Picker, training courses are designed to give the learner the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating either a Boom or Scissor Lift MEWP.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
During the course, all learners will experience practical demonstrations and take part in exercises and explanatory theory lessons supported by power point presentations and safety DVDs that cover:
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Introduction to machine
- Pre-shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Components and types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
- Limitation of use
- Carrying out emergency lowering procedures
- Moving and locating machine
- Emergency controls
- Servicing and Inspection Testing
- IPAF Theory Test
By the end of the course the delegates will be able to competently and safely operate the machine in correct accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice. They will also be able to correctly and securely site and adjust the machine for the required task, and carry out routine services. Every successful learner will also have a thorough understanding of their responsibilities under current and relevant health and safety legislation.
We offer 3a, 3b, 1b IPAF MEWP categories, and ensure every successful candidate will be issued with an IPAF Trained Operators Card and certificate evidencing that they have passed the Full IPAF (Theory and Practical) Technical Test.
This course can be provided fully or part funded by the government if your company meets the strict eligibility criteria. Call us today at Health and Safety Training Ltd to find out more.