Our NPORS course in the safe operation of telescopic handler forklifts is ideal for any employees required to operate a telescopic handler forklift. The course itself lasts between 2 and 5 days depending on the experience of the learners and course numbers, but we also offer a single day refresher course to ensure your employees remain competent and safe in their job.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to carry out a pre-shift inspection and operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice. They will also be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking and understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads. We will also ensure that they have a thorough understanding of their responsibilities under all relevant health and safety legislation. Call us today at Health and Safety Training Ltd to find out more.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
During the course, the learners will be encouraged to participate in practical demonstrations and exercises, as well as explanatory theory lessons which will be supported with power point presentations and DVDs covering:
- Controls and instruments
- Components and main types of lift trucks
- Re-fuelling systems
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Emergency controls
- Manoeuvring over uneven ground
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads
- Loading and unloading flat bed lorries and at various heights
On completion of the full NPORS theory and practical tests, successful learners will be issued with an NPORS Trained Operators Card & certificate.
This course can be fully or part funded by the government if your company meets the strict eligibility criteria. Call us today at Health and Safety Training Ltd to find out more about the available courses in Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Gateshead, Darlington & Middlesbrough.