Our in-house, HST Ltd pedestrian operated pallet truck training course lasts for just one day and aims to give the learner all the necessary knowledge to safely operatepedestrian operated pallet trucks. During the course, your employees will learn to operate the truck safely and completely in line with the specific manufacturers’ instructions and industry accepted good practice. Working legally is just as important as working safely, and you can rest assured that your employees will have a thorough understanding of their responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other current relevant legislation. They will also learn to carry out pre-shift safety inspections, to load and unload pallets as required and to identify the causes of instability in the truck and loads.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
The course is structured to include theory lessons, practical demonstrations and exercises, all of which will be highlighted with the use of power point presentations and DVDs detailing:
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Components and main types of lift trucks
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and awkwardly shaped loads
At the end of the course all successful candidates will receive a Health & Safety Training Ltd Certificate to evidence the training they have undergone.