Our in-house, HST Ltd pedestrian operated lift truck safety and training course lasts for just one or two days, depending on the experience of your employees and courses numbers. It aims to give the learner all the necessary knowledge to safely operate a pedestrian operated lift truck. During the course, your employees will learn to operate the truck safely and completely in line with the specific manufacturers’ instructions and industry accepted good practice. Working legally is just as important as working safely, and you can rest assured that your employees will have a thorough understanding of their responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, as well as all other current relevant legislation. They will also learn to carry out pre-shift safety inspections, to load and unload static racking and to identify the causes of instability in the truck and loads.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 6440 332
The course is structured to include theory lessons, practical demonstrations and exercises, all of which will be highlighted with the use of power point presentations and DVDs detailing:
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Components and main types of lift trucks
- Battery charging
- Emergency controls
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads
At the end of the course, all successful candidates will receive a Health & Safety Training Ltd Certificate to evidence the training they have undergone.