Our NPORS course in the safe operation of industrial side loader forklifts is ideal for any employees required to operate an industrial side loader forklift. The course itself lasts between 2 and 5 days depending on the experience of the learners and course numbers, but we also offer a single day refresher course to ensure your employees remain competent and safe in their job.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
By the end of the course, learners will be able to carry out a pre-shift inspection and operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice. They will also be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking and understand the causes of truck and load instability. We will also ensure that they have a thorough understanding of their responsibilities under all relevant health and safety legislation.
During the course the learners will be encouraged to participate in practical demonstrations and exercises, as well as explanatory theory lessons which will be supported with power point presentations and DVDs covering:
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Components and main types of lift trucks
- Re-fuelling systems
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Emergency controls
- Operators safety code
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and awkwardly shaped loads
On completion of the full NPORS theory and practical tests, successful learners will be issued with an NPORS Trained Operators Card & certificate.
This course can be fully funded by the government if your company meets the strict eligibility criteria. Call us today at Health and Safety Training Ltd to find out more about our available courses in Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Gateshead, Darlington & Middlesbrough.