Our industrial reach forklift truck training course is accredited by RTITB and will provide learners with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in safely operating an industrial reach forklift truck. The course itself lasts between 2 and 5 days depending on the experience of the learners and course numbers, but we also offer a single day refresher course to ensure your employees remain competent and safe in their job.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to carry out a pre-shift inspection and operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice. They will also be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking and understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
We will also ensure that they have a thorough understanding of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation.
During the course the learners will be encouraged to participate in practical demonstrations and exercises, as well as explanatory theory lessons which will be supported with power point presentations and DVDs covering:
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Components and main types of lift trucks
- Re-fuelling systems
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Emergency controls
- Operator’s safety code
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and awkwardly shaped loads
On completion of the RTITB Theory test and RTITB practical test, successful learners will be presented with an RTITB approved certificate and will be registered onto the RTITB database of approved forklift truck operators (NORS).
This course can be fully or part funded by the government if your company meets the strict eligibility criteria. Call us today at Health and Safety Training Ltd to find out more.