The ten day forklift trainer courses conducted in accordance with RTITB are for the more experienced employees who wish to take on the role of forklift instructor in their workplace or on a commercial basis.
The course will involve a final examination and instructors must become RTITB accredited in order to provide commercial training approved by RTITB. There is the option to take a 12 day instructor for any trainers wishing to refresh their forklift truck operating skills. We offer this training course for instructors across the North East, including; Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Gateshead, Darlington & Middlesbrough.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
The examination consists of 3 elements which are:
- Test of Basic Operating Skills (Practical test to instructor standard – maximum 25 penalties). This is usually carried out on the first day of the course by the course tutor.
- RTITB Examination of Practical Instructional Ability (Approx. 40 minutes). Delegates must score a minimum of 70 from a maximum of 100 to pass this element. This examination is usually carried out on the final day of the course and is conducted by an independent RTITB examiner.
- RTITB Examination of Instructor Associated Knowledge (Approx. 20 minutes). A minimum of 80% must be achieved to pass this element. This examination is usually carried out on the final day of the course and is conducted by an independent RTITB examiner.
All 3 elements must be successfully completed to achieve an overall pass and qualify as a Lift Truck Instructor.
Successful candidates can then register on the RTITB National Register of Instructors, ‘The Professional Register’, for a period of 5 years.
- Delegates will need to be lift truck operators with strong written and verbal skills
- Delegates will need to provide evidence of successfully completing the Basic Operating Skills Test on a counterbalance or reach truck in the preceding 12 months
- We strongly recommended that delegates have a minimum of 6 months operating experience