Industries that employ cranes or large diggers and dumpers or that have a number of vehicles, such as heavy goods vehicles entering their site regularly, usually require a Vehicle Banksman to control the movements from the point of loading and unloading. They do this by using a system of hand signals and/or a radio link, as crane or large vehicle drivers may not have clear visibility around them.
Here at Health and Safety Training Ltd we offer a comprehensive one day course that aims to provide candidates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in being a Vehicle Banksman.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 6440 332
During the course the candidate will learn how to direct traffic safely on a work site, adequately controlling any risks. By the end of the course they will have a thorough understanding of all the risks involved with directing highway traffic and vehicle movement, and be able to carry out the role of Vehicle Banksman with complete confidence. They will also be issued with a Health and Safety Training Ltd Certificate to evidence their capabilities.
The course consists of a structure of theory lessons, practical demonstrations and exercises, all of which are supported by the use of power point presentations and safety DVDs covering:
- Current relevant Health and Safety Regulations
- Code of signals
- How to calculate safe stopping distances
- Hazards associated with directing highway traffic operations and how to avoid them
- Theory Test
- Practical exercises