Here at Health and Safety Training Ltd we offer a NPORS Slinger Signaller training course which provides candidates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in slinging loads and guiding cranes.
The course lasts one or two days, depending on the experience of the candidates, and can be fully or part funded by the government if your company is eligible under the current criteria.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
The course itself incorporates theory lessons and practical demonstrations and exercises, all of which are supported with the use of power point presentations and safety DVDs covering;
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Current relevant Health and Safety Regulations
- Code of signals
- How to calculate safe working loads
- Effects of varying the angles of multi-leg slings
- Hazards associated with crane operation and how to avoid them
- NPORS Theory Test
On successful completion of the course, the candidates will be presented with an NPORS Trained Operators Card and certificate, evidencing their abilities. They will be able to establish the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the crane operator. This means that they can effectively direct the actions of a crane moving loads by giving clear signals to ensure the safety of personnel and plant. They will also be able to determine the serviceability of the lifting tackle and how to maintain and store it correctly, ensuring the appropriate lifting tackle is selected, attached and detached for different tasks. We ensure that all of our students have a thorough understanding of their individual responsibilities under current health and safety legislation.
To learn more about the courses on offer at Health & Safety Training Ltd in Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Gateshead, Darlington & Middlesbrough, call the team today.