Our NPORS accredited training course in Abrasive Wheels is a simple ½ day course, but this can vary depending on the number of pieces of equipment to be covered. It is recommended that any employee expected to operateportable grinders, bench grinders, Stihl Saws and cutting discsshould undergo this course. The course aims to fully train operators in the safe mounting and selection of abrasive wheels and cutting discs for use in a number of different applications.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 6440 332
By the end of the course, all successful candidates will be able to operate the machinery safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice. They will also be able to select and mount the appropriate disc for the task at hand. We ensure that all of our learners have a thorough understanding of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other current, relevant legislation.
During the course, all candidates will be expected to participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations which will be supported with OHP presentations and videos covering:
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to the equipment
- Hazards and precautions to be observed when using abrasive wheels
- Wheel selection
- Storage, handling and transporting of abrasive wheels
- Examination of abrasive wheels
- Mounting of abrasive wheels
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Practical exercises
- NPORS theory test
All candidates will complete the full NPORS (Theory and Practical) Technical Test and will then be issued with an NPORS Trained Operators Card and certificate, or alternatively, a Health and Safety Training Ltd in-house certification to evidence their training.