Health & Safety Training’s Abrasive Wheels training course is designed to teach candidates the safe mounting and selection of abrasive wheels and cutting discs for use in multiple applications. The course itself typically lasts for half a day but this can vary depending on the number of pieces of equipment that need to be covered.
We recommend that any employee who is expected to operate portable grinders, bench grinders, Stihl Saws and cutting discs as part of their job should take part in this course. We are very pleased to announce that our course is now accredited by BAF (British Abrasive Federation) after our participation and passing of the BAF Operator Training Course Accreditation Scheme, evidencing that our training is carried out to the highest standard with all equipment used in the safest possible manner.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
Upon completion, candidates will be able to operate the machinery safely and in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions, as well as being able to select and mount the correct disc for the task required. Additionally, we ensure that all of our candidates have a thorough understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and their responsibilities under it, as well as all other relevant legislation. All successful candidates will be issued with official certification as evidence of the completion of their training.
The course combines theory and practical lessons, as well as presentations and videos covering:
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to the equipment
- Hazards and precautions to be observed when using abrasive wheels
- Wheel selection
- Storage, handling and transporting of abrasive wheels
- Examination of abrasive wheels
- Mounting of abrasive wheels
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Practical exercises
- Theory test