Health and Safety Training offer a wide range of CITB courses to suit a range of requirements, skill sets and experience levels. The courses we provide for individual candidates and businesses include:
Health & Safety Awareness (HSA)
- This course covers a range of subjects to give candidates an awareness of the role health and safety plays in their job. It can be used as preparation for the CITB Health, Safety and Environment test, too. It covers a number of subjects, including: individual health and safety responsibilities, health and safety regarding working at height, manual handling and fire prevention, as well as occupational health and equipment safety.
Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- A two-day course designed for people in or soon to start supervisor roles. It covers health, safety, environmental and welfare issues, as well as the legal responsibilities that their job entails. Topics include: health and safety law and how it applies, the problems in the industry, how to effectively monitor site activity and health and safety regarding electricity, fire, confined spaces and occupational health.
Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SSSTS Ref)
- This is a refresher course for those who have already passed the Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme course. It covers any changes in legislation and how they have impacted the workplace, as well as bringing candidates up to date with the latest health and safety information. Topics include: current trends with in the Health and Safety Executive direction of enforcement, guidance and best practice as affected by any changes in the industry, and duties and responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- A course aimed at site managers or people who are approaching a position of planning, controlling, monitoring or organising a workforce. All relevant legislation is covered, along with: risk assessment and its importance in the workplace, method statements, scaffolding, excavations, scaffolding and site set up. Furthermore, duties and responsibilities regarding health, safety and welfare, and responsibility on site is detailed in the course.
Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SMSTS Ref)
- A refresher course for candidates who have passed the Site Manager Safety Training Scheme course or another refresher course (proof of attendance is required). It is designed to offer an update on health and safety knowledge, as well as informing candidates of the changes in health and safety legislation and the impact on the workplace. Topics include: risk assessment and method statements, health, safety and welfare on construction sites, behavioural safety and occupational health.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
The courses cover a wide range of aspects of the construction industry, from health and safety protocols and legislation to best practice for site supervisors and managers, to environmental regulations and much more.
Our staff are experienced and skilled in the provision of these training courses, offering an informative, helpful and personable approach to ensure that every candidate gets the best out of themselves and the course. For more information about our site training services in Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Gateshead, Darlington & Middlesbrough, please get in touch with us today.