The NPORS Overhead Gantry Crane training course (OHC) delivered by Health and safety Training Ltd ensure successful candidates have the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in safely operating an OHC.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
The course consists of explanatory theory lessons and practical demonstrations including exercises, all of which are supported by the use of power point presentations and safety DVDs detailing:
- Current relevant Health and Safety Regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems (where applicable)
- Slinging and operating to signaller’s signs
- Methods of extending / reducing the jib length (where applicable)
- Effects of shock loading
- Operator Code of Safe Practice
By the end of the course the successful candidates will be able to carry out a safe pre-shift inspection and be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice. They will also be able to operate the crane safely in response to given tasks using the pendant where applicable, as well as respond to, and work with, a Slinger using recognised hand signals. We also ensure all candidates have a thorough understanding of their individual responsibilities under current and relevant health and safety legislation, whilst also being able to safely recognise the defects and hazards that affect crane motions.
On successful completion of the courses, the candidates will be issued with either a Health and Safety Training Ltd in-house certification, or an NPORS Trained Operators Card and certificate proving their capabilities. This course can be provided fully or part funded by the government if your company meets the strict eligibility criteria. Call us today at Health and Safety Training Ltd to find out more.