We can offer fully funded NVQs in plant operations to our unemployed learners, as well as co-funded NVQs to employed or self-employed learners that will help them to demonstrate their competency in the workplace.
We offer an assessment and verification service for operators looking to achieve an NVQ in a number of mobile plant operations fields, such as all types of forklift truck, including telescopic handlers, and mobile elevated work platforms, such as cherry pickers, scissors lifts and overhead cranes.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
To achieve the NVQ, operators must gather naturally occurring work-based evidence which could include some or all of the following:
- Time sheets provided by the operator, which are signed by the operator and their manager
- Daily/weekly plant checks signed by the operator and manager or fitter
- Method Statements or Risk Assessments specific to the operator
- Copies of plant operator cards or any relevant certificates
- Records of professional discussion with an Assessor demonstrating the operators skill and experience
- Any other documentation which is agreed as being valid by the NVQ Assessor and operator
For employed and self employed learners one of our assessors will usually visit the operator on site at their place of work and observe them carrying out their normal work activities. Once the operator has had a sufficient number of assessments and has gathered the work evidence required, the assessment process is usually deemed to be complete. At this point, if our assessor is satisfied that the operator has provided sufficient evidence in all aspects of the award, their portfolio is passed for verification and certification is issued to operators who successfully meet all the of the NVQ award criteria.
All of the above can be delivered at our training centre for unemployed learners, and for employed and self-employed learners who require this facility.