The NPORS Lorry Loader training course (HIAB) delivered by Health and Safety Training Ltd ensures successful candidates have the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in safely operating a lorry loader. The course lasts between one and three days depending on the experience of the candidates, and can be fully or part funded by the government if your company is eligible under the current criteria.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 6440 332
The course consists of explanatory theory lessons and practical demonstrations including exercises, all of which are supported by the use of power point presentations and safety DVDs detailing:
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Introduction to the machine
- Controls and instruments
- Components and main types of lorry loaders
- Use of the loader to load and unload the bed of the lorry
By the end of the course, the successful candidates will be able to carry out a safe pre-shift inspection and be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice. They will be able to operate safely under varying site conditions and be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine services. They will also be able to safely load and unload the lorry by slinging loads from the crane, engage and disengage the PTO correctly, and set the stabilisers correctly to ensure the machine remains stable and level. Most importantly, we also ensure all candidates have a thorough understanding of their individual responsibilities under current and relevant health and safety legislation.
On successful completion of the course, the candidates will be issued with either a Health and Safety Training Ltd in-house certification, or an NPORS Trained Operators Card and certificate proving their capabilities. This course can be provided fully or part funded by the government if your company meets the strict eligibility criteria. Call us today at Health and Safety Training Ltd to find out more.