As the construction industry begins to recover there is renewed demand for apprentices as more and more skilled workers are required. The plant operations apprenticeship is ideally suited to people who wish to begin or pursue a career as a plant operator in the construction or civil engineering industries, on construction or demolition sites or on the highway.
This apprenticeship includes training on the following plant machinery:
- 180° Digger Loader
- 360° Excavator
- Telescopic Handler
- Forward Tipping Dumper
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 644 0332
Depending on your chosen trade and job role, you can also expect training to cover operating plant machinery and equipment to perform a number of operations, such as:
- Transporting and discharging bulk material loads
- Extracting and excavating materials
- Lifting, transferring and positioning loads
- Distributing, layering and consolidating material
Additionally, learners will receive support and training to improve their functional skills, including maths, English and ICT, as well as gaining an industry recognised certificate and qualification.
For further information on any of our apprenticeships available throughout Newcastle, Durham and Sunderland, or for an informal discussion about your workforce development needs, please don’t hesitate to contact us.