Why hire an apprentice?
As an employer, choosing to hire apprentices can be invaluable to your business, helping to bridge any skill gaps within your workforce.
There are financial incentives to encourage business owners to take on apprentices, including a government grant of up to £1500 for eligible employers. 60% of employers also reported that training an apprentice is more cost effective than hiring skilled workers, lowering training and recruitment costs.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest forklift, plant & safety training provider in the North East
- Government approved training provider since 2004
- Fully equipped training centre with excellent resources & facilities
- On-site training available throughout the region
- More than 50 career enhancing training courses available
- One to one consultation offered to give learners excellent training
Call us on 0191 6440 332
The Practical Benefits
There are also many practical benefits to training a new member of staff to become an effective, reliable and skilled member of your workforce.
- 4 out of 5 of employers believe apprentices lead to a more productive workplace.
- 9 out of 10 employers believe apprentices have made their workforce more motivated.
- 4 out of 5 of consumers prefer using a company that hires apprentices.
An apprentice will usually be brand new to your industry, so you can train them to understand your processes and method of working. Although this initially means you will have to assign a supervisor to oversee their work, it also means your workforce will grow in line with your company ethics.
A successful apprenticeship can also improve employee retention as you will be able to provide a career progression path to your workers. 80% of employers have reported an increase in employee retention after hiring apprentices.
Here at Health and Safety Training, we offer a range of flexible apprenticeship options, with bespoke, assessment procedures designed to ensure that key business operations are not affected whilst our assessors are on site.
Get in touch today to find out more, or to speak to a member of our team about the financial and practical benefits of hiring an apprentice.