NVQ Level Two in Plant Operations
In order to convert a CPCS Red Trained Plant Operator Card to a CPCS Blue Competency Card, trained operators must achieve a Plant Operations (Construction) Level 2 NVQ Qualification.Open the PDF Download the PDF (zip file)
Red card holders can now apply for their blue CPCS card as soon as they have proved their competence by achieving the relevant NVQ.
As well as converting their red card to a blue competency card, the operator will also receive a nationally recognised qualification which will be issued by NVQ awarding body (EDI). This proves that the plant operator has demonstrated their competency in the workplace.
We offer an assessment and verification service for operators looking to achieve an NVQ in a number of mobile plant operations fields such as 360 & 180 excavator, telescopic handler, dumper truck and mobile elevated access platforms.
To achieve the NVQ, operators must gather naturally occurring work-based evidence which could include some or all of the following:
- Time sheets provided by the operator which are signed by the operator and manager
- Daily/weekly plant checks signed by the operator and manager or fitter
- Method Statements or Risk Assessments specific to the operator
- Copies of CPCS card and any relevant certificates
- Records of professional discussion with an Assessor demonstrating the operators skill & experience
- Any other documentation which is agreed as being valid by the NVQ Assessor and operator
One of our assessors will visit the operator on site at their place of work and observe them carrying out their normal work activities. Once the operator has had a sufficient number of assessments and has gathered the work evidence required, the assessment process is usually deemed to be complete. At this point, if our assessor is satisfied that the operator has provided sufficient evidence in all aspects of the award, their portfolio is passed for verification and certification is issued to operators who successfully meet all the of the NVQ award criteria. A new CPCS blue card can then be applied for.